Hi,

Quoting Michael Biebl (2023-07-25 16:16:35)
> apparently, we in Debian struggle to find good opportunities where to spend
> our money.
>
> I think support for qemu runners, i.e. supporting isolation-machine in
> autopkgtest on both debci and salsa ci would be an excellent opportunity.

is this just about isolation-machine or is this about architectures where qemu
support exists but no real hardware?

If it's about isolation-machine I have "solved" this problem in the past by
creating a qemu virtual machine as part of the autopkgtest and then run my test
inside that. This is slow because kvm is not available but it works for small
tests.

As far as I'm concerned, having kvm available in debci and salsaci would be a
big plus.

No idea if that is easier or harder than what Michael proposed.

Thanks!

cheers, josch