On Sat, Dec 23, 2023 at 01:22:48PM +0000, Richard Lewis wrote:

> Perhaps release-notes should suggest to run dpkg --verify after a
> dist-upgrade anyway - i assume it doesnt hurt to do so?

In that case I'd recommend to run it both before and after.

I only became aware of dpkg --verify from this thread, I ran it in my
system for the first time in years and it found a thing that looks more
like a bug in a maintscript years ago than a usrmerge issue.

Running `dpkg --verify` also before the upgrade can be a way to avoid
getting upgrade bug reports for preexisting issues

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enr...@enricozini.org>