On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 10:52:02AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I can offer to maintain hosting and packaging of debtags code projects.
> Would that be helpful, or are/were you looking for new code maintainer?

Thank you for your interest! Personally I am not motivated to look after
Debtags anymore in any capacity. I see it similar to the old menu
system: while interest in it is not strictly zero, I consider it fringe
enough that it's not worth my effort to keep going.

At the moment things are such that it's taking ages for me to even shut
it down, because it would require me to prioritize an afternoon over
many other things that have a higher priority for me at the moment.

So, if you want to take over the whole leadership of the project, feel
free and I'll request that you have access to the Debtags group,
maintain the deployed codebase on debtags.debian.org, upload tag
updates, and so on, and I can answer some questions on how things work
at the moment, and wish you better luck than mine with it. Its design
can certainly be downscaled furthermore into something that may keep
alive goplay-like use cases.

Otherwise, any course of action that means that Debtags is still
primarily my problem is not the course of action that I'd like to take.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enr...@enricozini.org>