Hi,

On 6/6/24 19:56, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:

At the same time though, I also get annoyed of copy-pasting d/rules snippets
from one of my packages to the next instead of making use of a few more
defaults in our package build environment.

Same here -- I just think that such a workaround should be applied only when the package fails to build reproducibly, so this is definitely something that should not be cargo-culted in.

What we could also do (but that would be a bigger change) would be another flag similar to "Rules-Requires-Root" that lists aspects of the package that are known to affect reproducibility -- that would be declarative, so the reproducible-builds project can disable the test and get meaningful results for the remaining typical problems, and could be checked and handled by dpkg-buildpackage as well.

   Simon