>>    Anyway, could you explain to me how this advertising clause is so
harmful?

> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html.

Ok, this helps.  I am still at a loss why we mention BSD as one of the "free"
licenses in DFSG, and have no mention of this problem there.  I'll try to
contact Moxa about this problem, but I doubt a successful outcome, since I
think they really want to get some publicity out of making their software free
one way or another.

Am I correct that this clause doesn't make software really non-free (DFSG
definition) ? Or am I missing something obvious in DFSG?

Thanks.
--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]