Hi,

        This is getting nowhere. Well, when the constitution is
 ratified, maybe one can see how much support there is for more
 strongly ratifying the policy documents. As it stands, I have no
 motivation to work on the ``good practices'' document unless I have
 any indication it is going to be useful.

>>"Dale" == Dale Scheetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>  I never said that. The policy document set, (currently a a set
>> that is referenced in or pointed to by the core 3 policy documents)
>> is all that I see as policy.

Dale> So, we ignore the DFSG, pay no attention to the "Debian
Dale> Manifesto", and completely ignore anything in any of the faqs,
Dale> HOWTOs, or other related documents. Policy makes no mention of
Dale> ANSI, or POSIX and may not even make reference to the File
Dale> System Standards (this one may actually be referenced, but I
Dale> haven't looked at the Policy Statement in a while and can't be
Dale> sure). Do we throw all this in the trash? NO! Of course not! Be
Dale> reasonable..

        You are the one being unreasonable. I said there are certain
 sets of documents that constitute the Debian policy
 documents. That does not mean those are the only ones which
 are followed.