In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:
: Bdale Garbee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:> Have you actually tried this and found something different?

: I've run ntpdate numerous times with xntp already running.

Hmm.  I didn't think that would work.  Learn something new every day!

Was the system clock ever warped more than 1024 seconds under these
circumstances?  If so, I think that it would cause xntpd to exit, but I
have not actually tried it.

Bdale