"Meskes, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Okay, I tried starting icewm and then some gnome applets resp. some of
> the desktop tools. But they all seg fault. And I get a message that
> imlib is lacking the file in /usr/etc. Do I have to set an environment
> variable?
>
> I think we should add a README explaining how to use gnome to the
> packages.

That doesn't happen to me.

Which version of imlib are you using?

You shouldn't have to configure anything to use the gnome applications
- it should just work.  If it doesn't, then there are some bugs I need
to fix.

Oh!  One thing I forgot to mention in my announcement was that if you
were using gnome 0.12 -- you really need to remove your ~/.gnome
directory and start off fresh.  I suspect that is where you might be
having some problems.

I should probably add that to the README - and maybe a note to try
running "panel" to get to all the other applications.  Anything else I
should put into the README?

Cheers,

 - Jim