On 5 Oct 1998, Darren Stalder wrote:

> Matt McLean, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
> >this is necessary since the semun union is no longer in the libc. its been
> >awhile since your last perl upload, and newer versions have come out.. are
> >you still alive? :-)
>
> I thought I'd be able to have access to a PPC Linux box today, but
> that's not going to happen.  The semun union patch didn't make it into
> this version of Perl since doio.c has changed quite a bit.  Can you
> please check it to make sure it's still needed and get me a new patch if
> it is?

It's no longer needed. 5.00502 now has a configure test for union semun.

I just did an out-of-box compile and these were the test results:

Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
lib/anydbm.t                 12    1   8.33%  12
lib/ipc_sysv.t    0    11    ??   ??       %  ??
2 tests skipped, plus 14 subtests skipped.
Failed 2/186 test scripts, 98.92% okay. 1/6495 subtests failed, 99.98%
okay.
zsh: exit 29    ./perl harness

I know what's going on with IPC, and I'm guessing the DBM test is failing
because of a bug in the libc.

m.