(I've now caught up on debian-devel, barring my 7 articles marked to
return, of which this was one ...)

Guy Maor writes on the 10th of September:
> Yes, let's.
>
> I am formally proposing version 0.8 of the constitution as given in
> <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/debian-organisation.html>.
> Although Ian has formerly proposed this version, any proposed
> amendments would stall the process due to his effective absence.
>
> There are 357 unique entries in the Maintainers file.  Q is 9.9, K is
> 5.  We therefore need 5 seconds and a quorum of 30 votes.  Minimum
> discussion period is 2 weeks.

Thanks, Guy !  I was going to post to reduce the minimum discussion
period, but this is now unnecessary.  Would you like to call for a
vote now ?

Brian Basset mailed me to say that his mail problem was temporary, so
he'll be the Secretary, unless people have strong objections or he'd
like to give the job to someone else.  Alternatively, Brian may wish
to delegate his authority to one of the people who've been working on
voting software.

Ian.