On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 06:40:54AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In light of the perl issues (see my last message)

A bug report has been submitted to ftp.debian.org to put the previous
version back, which means the perl issues need not be dealt with in the
current development cycle.

> and the message Linus just sent off to linux-kernel about 2.1.125 and
> 2.2.0p1 could the freeze be pushed back a week to see if we should QUICKLY
> re-target slink towards 2.2.0?

I'm not aware of any software in slink that must be updated to work with 2.2
properly (with the exception of pcmcia-cs); slink currently runs fine with
2.1.x (which I suspect quite a few developers run).

If the release manager is willing to accept the 2.2 kernel and rebuilt
bootdisks during the freeze, I see no reason to postpone the freeze date.
Brian?

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.