Hello,

On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 01:27:01PM +0200, Christoph Martin wrote:
> Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho writes:
>  >
>  >  * The new fmtutil has a config file (fmtutil.cnf) that controls which
>  >    formats get remade with 'texconfig init' (which is now equivalent to
>  >    'fmtutil --all').  The defaults are hyperconservative IMO (eg. no
>  >    pdf*tex or amstex formats are made).
>  >
>  >  * The new fmtutil will make it easy to make only the necessary formats
>  >    in postinst.  Eg. to (re)make the pdflatex format, just do 'fmtutil
>  >    --byfmt pdflatex'.
>  >

Great that we have the functionality!

> So, which formats do you consider to be important for the defaults?

Well, he said that the defaults should be an extremely small set...
The list you gave seems to be the full list of tetex.

Either we take a reasonable small subset ('hyperconservative'), which would
be tex, latex (etex, elatex) (lambda, omega) or we take all Debian formats.
In the latter case, jadetex and pdfjade tex would join the list (or we could
make it a configuration file, where Debian packages can register tex format
files).

If I type "fmtutil --all", I would really expect *all* format files to be
remade, but that's just me.

Marcus

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        for public  PGP Key