Milan Zamazal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >Milan Zamazal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >> Is there any technical reason why LEIM (Emacs input methods) is not
> >> available as a Debian package?  If not, I'll package it.
>
> >FWIW It's already part of the emacs20 package.

Something is missing because when I try the menu item `Mule/Toggle
Input Method' (or C-\ for short) I get the following error:

Signaling: (error "Can't use the Quail package `latin-1-prefix'")
  signal(error ("Can't use the Quail package `latin-1-prefix'"))
  error("Can't use the Quail package `%s'" "latin-1-prefix")
  quail-use-package("latin-1-prefix" "quail/latin-pre")
  apply(quail-use-package "latin-1-prefix" "quail/latin-pre")
  activate-input-method("latin-1-prefix")
  toggle-input-method(nil)
* call-interactively(toggle-input-method)

> I'd say including LEIM data *.elc files is worth.  I think it's
> difficult for an unexperienced Emacs user to FTP and install LEIM
> himself.

I was used to compile Emacs 20.xx by myself and install the LEIM
package as well but I'd rather use a standard package. So I really
think that the missing files should be added.

> But maybe only an experienced Emacs user needs inputing through LEIM
> instead of system keyboard (which doesn't work in X for Czech anyway:-)
> for features like different keyboards in different buffers (which is
> important for some languages) and occasional inputting characters of
> foreign languages.  I'm not sure.
>
> So do you really think leim package would be totally unnecessary?

I don't think so.

> Any other opinions?

Could you please package LEIM?

Anyway thank you for your packaging effort.

Chris

--
Looking for a cutting edge           | Christophe Broult
software validation technology?      | <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>