Boa does not have the full-fledged cgi-bin scripting ability that ncsa
has. Scripts might not run under boa that run just fine under ncsa. Ncsa
is a reference web server in many ways and that is why I packaged it in
the first place. Please keep it in the distribution.

I wonder if we need a policy that prior maintainers need to be consulted
before a package is removed. Some other packages have just vanished while
I am busy with this endless dissertation. Hopefully that will be over
soon.

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Adam Klein wrote:

> > reply to bug in which ncsa exits with an error on startup
>
> (sorry it's been so long. this bug got lost in the shuffle somewhere)
> Apparently, this problem can be fixed by specifying a group
> to run as in /etc/ncsa/httpd.conf.  However, ncsa doesn't
> seem to actually _run_ as that user/group.  Really, I'd like
> to remove ncsa from the distribution.  It's old, outdated,
> probably insecure, and boa is just as small, fast, and has
> a very similar configuration style.

                        Christoph Lameter, MSCS, M.Div.
  Available for a job or consulting (see http://lameter.com/consulting.html)