On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 05:02:30PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      I installed libglib1.2_1.2.3-1.deb, libglib1.2-dev_1.2.3-1.deb,
> libgtk1.2_1.2.3-1.deb, and libgtk1.2-dev_1.2.3-1.deb, and built the
> package.  It compiled cleanly, and runs as it did in slink, except
> that every time it pops up a window it displays the following message:
>
> > Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget
> > use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() instead
>
>      Would another libgtk be a better choice to replace libgtk1.1,
> and possibly get away from this warning message, or will the source
> have to tweaked to avoid this?

You'll have to make some changes to the source; they aren't too difficult --
I don't remember specifics, though.  I'd stick with gtk (et al) 1.2; things
in potato depending on obselete libraries is a Bad Thing when at all
avoidable.

BTW, debian-gtk-gnome@lists.debian.org is the cannonical place to ask
debian-related gtk questions, and it's low-volume now that the Great GNOME
Copy is done.  (CCed/Reply-toed there.)

        -=- James Mastros
--
First they came for the fourth amendment, but I said nothing because I
wasn't a drug dealer. Then they came for the sixth amendment, but I kept