On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 03:28:16PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I'd like to correct you on this point.
>
> I can and do periodically go through the massive list of ancient bugs
> against X.  It's just too much for me to handle.  In many cases there is
> too little information in the bug report for me to reproduce it (or in the
> case of server bugs, I don't have the hardware to reproduce it).
>
> And in many cases they're simply upstream bugs that haven't been fixed yet.
Ah, I see.  I thought I recalled you saying something on a list that having
something
added to the BTS would make your job easier...I stand corrected.

> I am doing my best with the X bug list, and I am well aware of its size and
> the age of some of the bugs on it.
>
> I do *NOT* need a reminder.  There is no way I will ever forget.
I'd like to think the same of most maintainers out there.  Often times if
there's
an old bug, it's either because it's fixed and forgotten to be closed,
unreproducable, or the package/maintainer author feel it not to be a bug - but
leave it open so it won't get reported over and over.

--
Brian Almeida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  -  Systems Administrator
CICAT Networks - The New Brand of Telecommunications Service