On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 03:15:05AM -0600, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: fetchmail (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Paul Haggart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> [HELP] Maintainer is not responding.
>        Someone should take over the package. (RB)
>   43139  fetchmail flushed after failed delivery
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
>   48159  I had to downgrade to fetchmail_4.6.4-1.1 because I couldn't get my
> mail from the server! Fetchmail was able to query the IP of the server, but
> told me something about "file not found". After downgrading fetchmail it
> worked without problems. I haven't touched any fetchmail relevant scripts!
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
>   50990  fetchmail: mail was fetched and deleted from server but never sent
> to local MTA
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.

I see today on freshmeat.net:
 application: fetchmail 5.3.1
      author: Eric S. Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     license: GPL
    category: Console/eMail
     urgency: low

    homepage: http://apps.freshmeat.net/homepage/884576388/
    download: http://apps.freshmeat.net/download/884576388/

Fetchmail is a free, full-featured, robust, well-documented
remote-mail
retrieval and forwarding utility intended to be used over on-demand
TCP/IP links (such as SLIP or PPP connections). It supports every
remote-mail protocol now in use on the Internet: POP2, POP3, RPOP,
APOP, KPOP, all flavors of IMAP, and ESMTP ETRN. It can even support
IPv6 and IPSEC.

Changes:
Fixes for a number of minor bugs, including two reported from the RH6.2
beta and a dozen or so from the Debian bug-tracking system.

Is someone working on it? If no, I download the sources and make a new
packages...

Gruss
Grisu
PGP: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Linux Sysadmin   -- Use Debian Linux
Programming is like sex; one mistake and you have to support for a
life time.