Hi,

On 6/12/24 11:54, Guillem Jover wrote:

This is needed to run the tests during an out-of-tree build

I guess this is for the functional test suite? What runes are you
using to run it out-of-tree?

$ make installtest DPKG_BUILDTREE=/tmp/dpkg

I also have an evil bash script that sets up a namespace where dpkginst/usr is a bind mount of itself, which is great for testing scenarios where /usr is a separate partition (rename gives EXDEV, stat shows different device). I'm not sure yet how to integrate that, given that it's orthogonal to the other test options, my feeling is that I'm building a matrix here.

   Simon