Hi,

On Friday 02 February 2007 12:16, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I tested etch-test-powerpc yesterday (on a g3 233 mhz imac newworld) and
> discountered a problem:

did a new test now...

> If I answer the "really use the automatic partition tool" with "no", the
> question infinitly comes back. Then I answered "yes" (didnt have much
> choice), and, ended up in the manual partitioner. Does i386 have the same
> issue?

havent tried this again yet...

> When I choose automatic partioning in the beginning, the installer
> complains that the apple bootstrap partition is not there. Where are the
> partman recipes kept?

Ronny added some newworld recipes today (thanks!), so I selected automatic
partitioning, but then ended up in partman again. But we got one step
further: the debian-edu partitioning profiles were there, and I choose the
workstation layout. (I selected workstation and standalone as install types
before.)

The installation then went fine, but in the end it says again "no boot loader
installed" :(

Trying main-server profile now...

> Also I noted that when I choose standalone, I'm prompted for local user
> creation (and not only the root passwd) - is that the same on i386?

This question is still open.

regards,
        Holger