On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 03:25:24PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > > why do we need this plugin again? didnt we do this already for
> > > squeeze?
> > gosa-plugin-netgroups isn't available in wheezy (bug #682747). for
> > squeeze there was am imo ugly solution
> > (debian-edu-gosa-plugin-netgrups).
>
> why do you think this was ugly and how did you implement this
> differently now?

it was implemented as the (virtual) package
debian-edu-config-gosa-netgrroups, causing bug #662947

now it's simply shipped within d-e-c (which might be even more ugly
concerning policy?)

> > this was detected by some script and
> > as a consequence you removed it for wheezy.
>
> rather, the new gosa version includes this plugin now (or was said to), so
> thats why we had those "Breaks:"-releationships and so I removed it.

see bugs #682747 and #680945

> > without the plugin the
> > main-server is badly crippled.
>
> why dont we add this plugin the old way then?

could be done, but see above. anyway: it must be there.

> > there's yet another big problem: in gosa-plugin-ldapmanager the import
> > feature has been dropped upstream since version 2.7. it was "not widely
> > used" (or some such) and so porting cut to limit workload. that's sort
> > of a great loss for local school admins.
>
> what functionality does that plugin provide?

it allows mass creation of user accounts using a csv file.

> debian/changelog entries should be self-explainatory! :-)

agreed.

Wolfgang