* On 6/29/22 22:40, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Nik,
>
> On  Do 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 CET, Dominik George wrote:
>
>>> I just discovered a repo on Github where someone ported pam-python
>>> to Python3. As I see it at the moment, pam-python is still on
>>> Python2, right?
>>>
>>> I just found this Git repo where someone ported pam-python to Py3:
>>> https://github.com/Ninlives/pam-python
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, there is no Git history available in the repo.
>>>
>>> @Ionic: Could you provide us with some Git repo that has a better
>>> history / Git log so that people can assess the quality of the Py3
>>> port of pam-python?
>>
>> [...]
>>
> With a Python3 port, we might be able to focus on functionality first
> and possibly update the license on the way. If Russels agrees.

I've forked the mercurial repository to Github and added Ninlives's and Dan
Fandrich's changes to the feature/py3 branch:
https://github.com/Ionic/pam-python/commits/feature/py3

This said, it looks like Russel is well aware of the Python 3 porting efforts
and there have actually been quite a few repositories with... incomplete work,
maybe? The full discussion can be found in this SourceForge ticket:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pam-python/tickets/5/

The current upstream version 1.0.9 doesn't seem to incorporate most of the
Python 3 changes yet, so I'm not quite sure how far he got with merging
everything. I'm also unsure if any of these repositories, including mine, would
pass tests. I might eventually find out during the next few days.

Mihai