On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 12:56 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashoho...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 11:09 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashoho...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'd like to inform you that recently we (me, Mike and Holger) submitted
> a project proposal to Google Season of Docs:
> >
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/funding/gsod/-/blob/main/2023/project-proposal.md
>
> As a follow up, although this project was not sponsored by GSoD, I may
> still find some time to work on it during the summer.
>

> To get started, we should create these two repos on
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu and give me full access on them:
> - docs
> - debian-edu.pages.debian.net  (yes, it should be named like this)
>

> According to the salsa docs (
> https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Web_page_hosting), the content of the
> first repo will be available on this url:
> https://debian-edu.pages.debian.net/docs/ , and the content of the second
> repo (which will be used for the new homepage) will be available on the
> url: https://debian-edu.pages.debian.net/ (as soon as I push some content
> to them).

Sorry, I have been busy with other things and couldn't find time for it.
I just started this repo: https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/docs (better
late than never).

According to the salsa docs, the auto-generated doc pages should be
available at this url:
- https://debian-edu.pages.debian.net/docs/
However, what actually happens is that this url is forwarded to a random
url.
I don't know why, maybe the salsa maintainers should be asked about this.

I am aware (from past discussions) that not everybody is happy with this
documentation approach/toolchain.
I just created this small repo as a seed. If people like it, it will grow
over time. Otherwise it will be forgotten and will die. Or it can be
removed immediately; I just spent a couple of days with it, not a big deal.

Kind regards,
Dashamir