> Dirk Eddelbuettel writes:
> >
> > Folks,
> >
> > Did we already report this one upstream?
>
> see #175478, submitted by someone called Edd ... ;-)

Ah, yes, amnesia hitting me squarely on the forehead. Thanks for the
cluebat,

> > Note the -O0 -g0, not sure what
> > else I can try, other than to shoot all the four remaining linux-on-m68k
> > users left on the planet. Just kidding.
>
> you forgot to add the five autobuilders :)
>
> currently building 3.3 for m68k-linux on crest. Roman Zippel posted
> test results one week ago, so it should build. when it's finished,
> please try building the gcc-snapshot package.

Err, you mean, try building octave2.1 using the gcc-snapshot?  The offending
file is small, could you guys try to fetch it and try just that?  No need to
blow three, four hours of the not exactly abundant m68k autobuilder cycles
on all the rest of octave.

Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all signatures are totally worthless.