Debian-GCC,

Interesting thing happening with upgrade from Woody to Sarge. Release mode binaries are similar in filesize from Woody to Sarge but debug binaries are about ten times the size of what we were getting when compiling on Woody.

Possible changes in GCC? Default options? Not finding any documentation or changelogs to this effect. Footprint has gone from about 5MB to 50MB. Also noticing a huge increase in ldd dependencies from Woody to Sarge.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

- R

Roger Anderson
Network Digicality
Phone: (619) 522-9082

P.S. If there's a more appropriate list for this question, just let me know. Thanks!