On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:22:50PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> qt4-x11 needs to be rebuilt on m68k, anything using it currently will
> give errors that libXcursor.la can't be found.
>
> Unfortunately, GCC 4.0 currently ICEs on QT4.

fwiw kdepim and koffice ICE the same way.

> Anyone know whether GCC 4.1 has the same issues? If not, should we
> proceed to build QT with GCC 4.1, or is that not advisable?

At least it shouldn't take long to find out if that ICE applies.

> -gcc: Personally, I think it'd be better if we were to use GCC 4.1 as
> the default compiler on m68k, even if that doesn't solve the above
> issue; there are many ICEs in gcc-4.0 on m68k that aren't present in
> 4.1. Thoughts?

I'm for it, although from the traffic on debian-gcc there seems to be a
number of ICE's introduced by gcc-4.1. I'm really not sure if they would
apply to us (or if they've already been fixed).

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>