tags 527367 moreinfo
thanks

I don't think this problem is related to libtool and I don't think that
black magic would solve it.  The interesting part of the log is at the
end:

checking for i486-linux-gnu-gcc... gnatgcc
checking whether gnatgcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gnatgcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for i486-linux-gnu-gnatbind... no
checking for gnatbind... gnatbind
checking for i486-linux-gnu-gnatmake... no
checking for gnatmake... gnatmake
checking whether compiler driver understands Ada... no
configure: error: GNAT is required to build ada

Evidently, gnatgcc (from package gnat) is installed and can compile C
but not Ada.  It seems that package gnat-4.3 is not installed properly
in the pbuilder chroot, contrary to what apt says.  To see what
happened, I need the log file of configure.  Could you please attach
/tmp/gnat-4.3_z8FHTS/gnat-4.3-4.3.3.orig/build/config.log to this bug
report?  Thanks.

--
Ludovic Brenta.