(-cc: debian-release)
Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Matthias Klose wrote:

>> yes, explicitly disabled in the package, for a limited time.  If you
>> keep this warning enabled, it will result in too many build
>> failures.  Somebody needs to scan the successful build logs of a
>> test rebuild for these warnings, file bug reports, user-tag them
>> with debian-gcc@lists.debian.org, and after we know what needs to be
>> fixed, we can turn this warning on again.

Lucas, would you be interested in this (archive rebuild with gcc-4.6
as gcc)?  If so, is there anything I can do to help, aside from
looking over the result, writing scripts to categorize failures, and
filing bugs if there is consensus after a report on debian-devel?

> Isn't it already an almost-RC bug (as in, an FTBFS waiting to happen)
> for packages to use -Werror rather than more targetted options on
> autobuilders?

Sorry, that was unproductive of me.  In certain cases (e.g., binutils)
it is worth a failed build now and then to get a reliable result.