Hi,

Now that gcc 4.5 is in unstable, I'm trying to get the mingw-w64
building properly, with the initial aim of getting wine-gecko (and
thus newer versions of wine) into Debian. (The ultimate aim obviously
is to get the mingw-w64 working propertly, and be able to replace the
various mingw toolchains currently in Debian.)

The straightforward approach - following the wine-gecko instructions in
http://wine.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=wine/wine-gecko;a=blob;f=wine/README;hb=HEAD
- works fine. I would like to be able to benefit from your packaging
work on gcc though, so my gcc-mingw-w64 package applies the patches
using the patch target in gcc-4.5-source's rules.patch file.
Unfortunately this now breaks the build (it used to work with the
versions of gcc-4.5-source based on gcc 4.5.1 which were in
experimental), because install-gcc wants to install libstdc++, and
install-gcc happens too early in the build process for libstdc++ to be
buildable!

I've looked through the various patches but I haven't been able to
figure out which one(s) cause this behaviour. Do any of you have an
idea, or should I just bite the bullet and bisect the various patches
to figure it out?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

PS. Please cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.