> > # cd src && autogen Makefile.def
> > This would drop two thousand lines of noise in
> >   debian/patches/bootstrap-no-unneeded-libs.diff
> >   debian/patches/gdc-libphobos-build].diff
> > plus a bit more in the Ada patches.
Actually, around 1600 with future libgnatvsn patches.

> > - Gcc-7 already Build-Depends: autogen for unrelated reasons.
> I didn't see that the autogen dependency is still there. The reason I was
> trying
> to avoid it was bootstrapping. autogen depends on guile which I wanted to
> avoid.
> I'll look if autogen is used for other cases besides generating the toplevel
> Makefile.in.
See at least the debian/changelog entry of 4.9-20140330-1.

If the dependency can be dropped, I suggest that we at least isolate
all changes affecting src/Makefile.in into a single patch towards the
end of the patch queue, so that refreshing the patches only requires
one autogen run, and the noise does not pollute interesting files.