At Thu, 10 Jul 2003 02:12:35 +0100,
James Troup wrote:
> GOTO Masanori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > * mips/mipsel:      no machine to build.  Guido, please check.
>
> There are some debian mips/el machines now.  casals and williams
> maybe?

I don't know williams, but I know casals.  The problem is "dchroot
unstable" on casals does not work, moreover Build-Depends packages are
missing.

>  I can't remember and db.d.o is still dead.

It seems it's still down.

> > Matthias, could you tell me that --enable-sjlj-exception is really
> > needed for some archs?
>
> Yes, it's needed.  If we don't use it, we break binary compatability
> on those architectures and that is simply not an option. (AIUI, FWIW
> etc.)

Oh, it's bad.  Do you know how to fix this situation?

> > Matthias, and could you tell me gcc-3.3 is really stable for all
> > architectures?  I heard that BenC claimed gcc-3.3 was broken for
> > sparc64...
>
> Yes, it's broken.  Sparc's been downgraded to 3.2 as default until
> davem has time to fix 3.3.

Hmm, OK, so are other architectures like hppa, m68k also safe to stay
to 3.2?

Regards,
-- gotom