On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 08:58:55AM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 05:05, Ian Ward wrote:
> > munmap(0x40000000, 4096)                = 0
> > --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
> > +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
>
> Are you able to obtain a backtrace using gdb or catchsegv?  We'd really
> need to know where in the code it's crashing before we can make any
> headway with this problem.

catchsegv prints nothing and exits with code 139

gdb gives a similar amount of information:
$ gdb ./uninstall
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/ian/.loki/installed/bin/Linux/x86/uninstall
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint

0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1  0x401660dd in ?? ()
#2  0x40134e2e in ?? ()
#3  0x40134f48 in ?? ()
#4  0x401143f9 in ?? ()
#5  0x4001236e in ?? ()
#6  0x40013f05 in ?? ()
#7  0x080a9a7e in ?? ()
#8  0x080a98d6 in ?? ()
#9  0x0804c9cf in ?? ()
#10 0x0804879f in ?? ()
#11 0x080487f3 in ?? ()
#12 0x0809699b in ?? ()
(gdb)

The source code to loki's uninstaller might be available (I seem to
remember them giving it away).  I'm guessing it would be easier if
debug symbols were included.

BTW, after posting to this list I'm now receiving a many-megabyte-a-day
flood of "MS Update" worm emails.. I guess I'll need to install a spam
filter :-(