Hello,

Aurelien Jarno escreveu:
> reassign 391529 tzdata
> severity 391529 serious
> thanks
>
> Hi,
>
> I am now able to reproduce this bug. The problem is that the postinst of
> tzdata ask a question to the user, not via debconf, so it is not displayed.
>
> The bug has been triggered by the fact the version of tzdata in d-i
> beta3 and testing is different.
>
> The solution is to rewrite the postinst of tzdata + tzconfig using debconf.

   Ok, fine that you found it. However, in the meantime, I managed to
setup a basic infrastructure to let me test the latest netinst image
(http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/20061008/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
with md5sum f256549427efa2782f0253fc29553caf).

   I just finished doing a test install and this time the problem didn't
showed up. I don't know if there's a difference on how tzdata is
installed between full CD images and netinst images but somehow this
time the problem wasn't there.

  And yes, tzdata is installed on the target system. I just turned on
the virtual machine where the test install metioned above was done and
could see that tzdata is there at version 2006l-1.

   That was exactly the same version I had problems with on my first
install in the last friday. The only difference in today's install from
friday's install (apart from the former being a netinst iso-cd install
from today and later being a full CD image install) is that in the later
(the one which the problem was detected) I opted to install the "Desktop
environment" task and the "Standard system" task.

   In today's install, which worked fine, I only selected the "Standard
system" task, but tzdata was installed anyway so I don't think it had
anything to do with this problem.

   Reporting just to let you guys know about these details.

Regards,

- --
André Luís Lopes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]