Petr Salinger wrote:

You did not answer my very important question:

What is the kernel of your target system

Sorry, I really forgot to answer it! My kernel is 2.6.25.5, so lenny/sid should be no problem. The point is: my installation is on a VirtualBox virtual machine. I installed Debian Etch on it and then upgraded the gcc and the libc to lenny (mainting a mixed stable/testing system by now). I have another VM with pure Debian Etch. Also, a third VM with pure Debian Sarge (oldstable). I am using those machines as my build systems instead of chroot. They are ALL 32-bit installations. The situation is:

Lenny --> The bug exists for both static and shared binaries

Etch --> Static binaries works perfect but shared binaries still have the bug

Sarge --> Both static and shared binaries are working perfect

My conclusion was that there is a problem with the pre-compiled binaries of the C shared library and/or the dynamic link loader ld-linux.so.2 on Debian Etch, since shared binaries are not working correctly. Please note that I copy the needed shared libraries AS IS to the /lib/ directory of my target to test the shared binaries.

And, of the three I have, I am filing this bug against the Lenny build system. That's why my bug report contains the versions of Lenny.

From the Sarge machine, I am currently doing all my builds and they are working great! I wonder why the Lenny system produces that bug? They are both 32-bit installations anyway!

Thanks for your time and support,

-Islam