Package: glibc
Version: 2.7-12

Because getaddrinfo() calls directly into the NSS backends, it bypasses the
initialization of the internal resolver structures (c.f. nss/getXXbyYY_r.c
and inet/gethstbynm2_r.c).  As a result, getaddrinfo() honors the resolver
settings in /etc/host.conf *only* if one of the getXXbyYY_r functions is
called first.

The behavior of getaddrinfo() should not be dependent on whether unrelated
calls have done the setup of these internal structures; it should directly
do the same initialization of the resolver config before calling the NSS
backends.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]