On 2016-07-13 10:18, Craig Small wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM Aaron M. Ucko <u...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Craig Small <csm...@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/local_lim.h:#define HOST_NAME_MAX 64
> >
> > I just took a closer look and noticed the "-linux-" in this path.  This
> > is not a header I would expect kFreeBSD builds to use.
> >
> > I completely agree it seemed odd that a kfreebsd system included a header
> with linux in it.

Could you please tell me which package provides this file on you system?
It doesn't seem to come from libc0.1-dev:kfreebsd-amd64.

> However it is included at least on my system and there is nothing "linuxy"
> about that definition. Perhaps the value is but it seems odd you would put
> this into a linux only header.

The definition itself is nothing "linuxy", but the value itself is. It
seems the correct value would be 256 on a FreeBSD based system instead
of 64 on a Linux based system.

As I said in my previous email, it's something we can change for at
least kFreeBSD.

> I have a (yet another kfreebsd kludge) work-around so procps will compile
> but it seems to me something to get around the deficiencies or
> discrepancies of the libc headers. It's no real biggie to have that in
> procps though.

Same don't hesitate to list the issues in the kernel headers, that can
probably be changed.

Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net