Hi Aurelien,

Trimmed Cc list for glibc matters.

On Wed, Jun 05, 2024 at 11:16:50PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Oops, I was convinced that #1071462 was filled with severity serious.
> Nevermind.

It migrated anyway. :)

> Ok, a simultaneous experimental NMU sounds good.

Ok, will do with a bit of delay.

> Note however that people often downgrade glibc when they have suspicions
> (like in the fakeroot case above), or even the hard way with dpkg once
> their system is broken. Therefore we should at least test that case to
> see how much breakage to expect, and also to easily spot patterns where
> a system went through a glibc downgrade possibly followed by an upgrade.

Thanks for the pointer. I tested a downgrade. It seems to work without
loosing files, but two protective diversions remain in place. One is
issued by libc6 against itself (such that it is immune to its own
diversion) and the other is issued on behalf of base-files and properly
owned by base-files after upgrading base-files.

So the downgrade situation is not exactly the situation before the
downgrade, but close enough, it works and after upgrading again it's all
as it should be.

I think this is fine. Doing final checks then uploading it all.

Helmut