Package: tzdata
Version: 2024a-0+deb12u1
Severity: normal
Tags: upstream l10n

Package: coreutils
Version: 9.1-1, 9.4-3.1

Hello,

I noticed that thew `date -d ...` utility converts time between EST and
CEST timezone in wrong way. The time is shifted by 1 hour later:

# cat /etc/timezone
Europe/Prague
# date -d '7:00AM EST'
Po 15. července 2024, 14:00:00 CEST

Env. LANG and LC_* does not change result, just not localised:

# date -d '07:00 EST'
Mon Jul 15 14:00:00 CEST 2024

The expected time is 13:00 CEST.

The problem is observed across all available versions of tzdata or
coreutils in actual Debian releases (tzdata 2024a-4 too).

I am not sure, if a bug sits in tzdata or inside the date from
coreutils, so I attached details about coreutils too...

Thank you and have a nice day, Michal Heppler

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 12.6
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-16-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=C.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages tzdata depends on: