Control: clone -1 -2
Control: reassign -1 tzdata
Control: reassign -2 python3-dateutil
Control: severity -2 important
Control: forwarded -2 https://github.com/dateutil/dateutil/issues/1059

On 2024-10-05 12:33, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> Control: reassign -1 tzdata,python3-dateutil
> Control: severity -1 serious
> Control: retitle -1 dateutil.tz.gettz always UTC with tzdata 2024b
>
> It looks like this is specific to Python dateutil, not to /etc/localtime:
> dateutil.tz.gettz now always returns UTC, even if given a timezone name.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/pandas/-/jobs/6379871
>
> Upstream python3-dateutil aren't *obviously* aware of this, but their CI is
> failing and I haven't checked exactly why.

I have just uploaded a new tzdata to fix this issue, switching back from
the 'fat' format. I am therefore cloning the bug instead.

python3-dateutil is aware of this issue for many time, but there hasn't
been any recent activity:
https://github.com/dateutil/dateutil/issues/1059

This needs to be fixed anyway by 2038 to avoid any breakage by that
date.

Regards
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net