Hi Mathias,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 8:15 AM Reinhard Tartler <siret...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 11:04 PM Mathias Gibbens <gib...@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
>> [...] the
>> upstream main branch has switched to v6. Attempting to patch runc to
>> use v6 in Debian seems too invasive, and I don't know how long it will
>> be until runc releases a version that uses v6.
>>

> Looking ta
> https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/commit/fbce47a6b67bad0da33ea9c17a4ade0ccd89d6cd
> it seems that the bulk of the diff is part of the vendor/ directory, which
> we would ignore for a debian patch anyways. The actual patch appears to be
> touching only import lines in 3 .go files of the upstream source. I must be
> missing something because that doesn't look invasive at all. Can you
> elaborate on why you feel that's not a good approach?

I think I've done exactly that in
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/runc/-/commits/experimental

Can you (and possibly Shengjing) try to run the
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/runc/-/blob/experimental/debian/tests/integration
against the go-criu 6.3.0 from experimental and let me know if that passes?
If so, I'd suggest to go ahead and upload to experimental, which should
pave the road to having both in unstable.

what do you think?

--
regards,
    Reinhard