On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 8:33 PM Maytham Alsudany
<maytha8the...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ping! Still need a sponsor to upload golang-github-azure-azure-sdk-for-
> go. Urgently needed for new versions of rclone and prometheus.

I think people are hesitant to sponsor because of the reconstruction
of the upstream repository.

This was first brought by Félix last year, but we never have a clear
answer how to adapt the changes.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2023/06/msg00030.html

I looked again at the upstream repository. The main modules are in a
subdirectory /sdk
https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-go/tree/main/sdk, which is not
used by previous legacy versions. And there is one separate module in
/profile, this directory is also not used previously, but currently no
packages need that.

So I propose to create a new package called
golang-github-azure-azure-sdk-for-go-sdk, which contains all the
modules in the /sdk directory. And the package version uses
0.0~gitYYYYMMDD schema. This package doesn't conflict with the
previous legacy version, and can be co-installed.

--
Shengjing Zhu