On Wed, Jul 31, 2024 at 09:40:56PM +0100, Juan A. Sanchez wrote:
> A short intro from me:
>
> Currently I work as software engineer/Cloud services engineer in the UK.
> On the day to day I mostly use go for my work and really enjoy go.

Hi and welcome!

> A few question from me:
>
> I been looking at go packaging doc here
> https://go-team.pages.debian.net/packaging.html
> At the same time I been looking at the packaging workshop from last year
> debconf here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz67S1cGz3s
>
> I have seen a few packaging related pages in the debian wiki but I'm
> unsure which ones I should read first or which ones will be relevant at
> this point. So which packaging pages do you think are the most relevant
> and in which order dose it make sens to read them?

All wiki pages are eventually variations of the same standard thing. For go team
practices, start with the go team pages link you gave above.

We don't use gitlab. All bugs are managed via https://www.debian.org/Bugs/

> As for Git workflows, do you prefer a branch of main and then raise a PR
> from that branch or something else?

debian/sid branch is what we use. You can make MRs for starters or push directly
if you want.

> If you cloud share what workflow you prefer as team that would be grate
> so that I can avoid making any mistakes with branches that will just
> causes problems for everyone else.

The go team pages documentation should answer more questions.

> Looking forward to joining the team and getting to meet and work with
> all of you :)

Added you in salsa.

Best,
Nilesh