Hello here,

I just joined the mailing list to explore a recent problem about applications using |libappindicator| on Bullseye.

I'm the developer of open source trsync <https://github.com/buxx/trsync> application which use a systray icon. I noticed that my program fail to display its systray icon and an error message printed instead :

|gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed |

I noticed various programs are concerned :

 *

   https://github.com/olback/tray-item-rs/issues/23
   <https://github.com/tauri-apps/tao/issues/534>

 *

   https://github.com/tauri-apps/tao/issues/534
   <https://github.com/tauri-apps/tao/issues/534>

These programs are wrote in Rust language and uses libappindicator crate <https://docs.rs/crate/libappindicator/latest> which fail too. I can see Debian 11 replaced |libappindicator| by |libayatana|-indicator, cf announcement <https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/03/msg00506.html>.

I am not comfortable with "low level" and announcement content. But, I think I understand |libayatana-indicator| is not a breaking change and should be compatible ? Do you have some information about that here ?

Thanks in advance, I hope to be on the right mailing list :)

bux.