Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 11.09.2012, 20:50 +0900 schrieb Kiwamu Okabe:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Joachim Breitner <nome...@debian.org> wrote:
> >> But I am so happy, if you dput my old version hoogle package to sid when
> >> ready.
> >
> > that is an excellent idea. Adding new packages to sid does not affect
> > the release in any way. If you prepare a hoogle package that builds
> > against the existing and unchanged packages in sid, I’ll upload it.
>
> Haskell-hoogle package is ready for upload.
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/haskell-hoogle/
>
> Joachim (or someone), could you dput it to sid?

I see you added a .hs file to the package that is run using runhaskell.
Why are you not compiling this at build time and ship it as a binary?
Seems to be more efficient, reduces dependencies (ok, few people will
install hoogle without ghc :-)) and enables hoogle on architectures
without GHCi.

How useful are the lib-hoogle-* packages? Do you expect any users of the
library?

I improved the description of the hoogle package.

Why does it depend on haskell-platform? Can’t I use it to just search
the packages that I happen to have installed?

Have you tested your update-hoogle script on a system with no
libghc-*-doc package installed (I expect at least an ugly error).

Is there any point in keeping the *.txt and *.hoo files
in /var/lib/hoogle/databases after a update_hoogle run? It seems, at a
first glance, that /var/lib/hoogle/databases/default.hoo is enough.

I did not yet test the cgi interface. I’d also welcome if other people
from DHG would review this non-trivial package.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner