On 28 August 2014 12:46, John David Anglin <dave.ang...@bell.net> wrote:

> On 28-Aug-14, at 5:58 AM, Helge Deller wrote:
>
>  I assume hppa was the first platform of the debian-ports platforms which
>> tried to build the package and failed, and thus he looked into the issue
>> and fixed it.
>> I think this all happened because we tried to triangle tbb & flexbar
>> build issues, aka debian bugs 748876 and 759006.
>> It would be nice to get all this sorted out, so that both packages build
>> out of the box on the buildds in future.
>>

> My two cents on this.  Version 4.2~20140122-1.1 of tbb was already
> installed on hppa when I looked at the failure
> of the flexbar build.  It appeared that the installed version of tbb was
> broken.
>
> In trying to track the flexbar issue, I manually built and installed tbb
> 4.2~20140122-2.  It builds fine if the testsuite
> is disabled.  I installed it locally first as a test and flexbar built
> successfully with the new version.  So, I decided
> to upload the new version as it seemed less broken than 4.2~20140122-1.1.
>
> There is a pthread_create issue with 4.2~20140122-2 on hppa.
>
> Dave
> --
> John David Anglin       dave.ang...@bell.net

Hello,
I'm not sure why the compilation is failing for hppa, it looks from the
logs like the linker is having problems locating some functions in
libtbbmalloc_debug.so.2.
Obviously I would like to get the build fixed :-).

I would be grateful if someone could please send me the following for hppa:

the output from:
nm -Ca libtbbmalloc_debug.so.2
(or just the file)

and the contents from:
libtbbmalloc_debug.so

and the equivalents for libtbb_debug.so.2 and libtbb_debug.so too.

I will then have a think about why it's not working.

Cheers,
--
Steve