> I am trying to make sense of the current pfinet, but I don't have the
> Mach/HURD programming basics down.

        I'm in roughly the same place, since I am adding an entropy
        driver to the kernel to power a /dev/random translator and
        then from there, adding IPv6 support.

        I just read everything I could on Mach 3 - the design
        principles document in specific. Then I have the kernel/server
        interface programming guides for reference. I printed
        and read the Hurd Programming Guide as well.

> Is there any place where somebody has written a simple Hello World server
> for the HURD? A Hello World translator? How relavant is the CMU Mach

        As I begin stepping through the dev process, I'm going to
        post all of my sample source to my web page. "Hello World"
        stuff included, I love to post anything you have to offer.

        rt