That sounds pretty funny. The "levitating gnu" is classic, maybe
he could be a prototype. Do some kind of "far-side" like characture
of a gnu and clump them together in a pack :-)

Mike Warner wrote:

I think I'm going to throw my hat into this ring. My tendency is to go with something humorous. I like the basic pencil Gnu the FSF uses. My vision is of "The Motley Gnus." In pencil on white, a ragtag group of Gnus crowded together, all standing on two legs, some short, some tall, some fat, some skinny--caricatures--sloppy, prim, smart, dumb, weird, crazy.

The Hurd

-m