On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 02:58:06AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Somewhere on my disk I have a port of debootstrap, too, which had some
> changes by me I thought were smart at that time.  I just have to find it!
> I would like to send it to you, and you can see yourself if there is
> anything in there that helps you.

argh, why do i always end up repeating someone else's work? :)

> Ok, I went throught my zillion 1gb partitions and found it on hdc6
> eventually.  The diff is below.  Note that I did this when I was bored a
> while, but I wasn't bored long enough to actually get it done, do any amount
> of
> testing or whatever.  It's pre-libio, too, so the package lists needs to be
> updated with what is in the tar ball of the day.

I'll look at your patch. did you create a sid target or fix the existing
woody one?

> Your patch is completely obfuscated by using -N against a build tree.  You
> really need to produce a clean version of the patch, that just shows the
> actual changes to the code.

Looks like i forgot to run debian/rules clean before differing

> Simple:  The debootstrap configuration phase shouldn't fail, and it should
> create the devices, and set up the basic translators like native install
> does.  About actual integration, you need to talk to AJ.  In some subthread
> of some thread we discussed the device things, and we concluded we would
> simply do it in a script for now rather than a tar file, on the Hurd.

what is the proposed location for that script?

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992