Marcus Brinkmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:09:30PM +0530, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> >    However, this is entirely a hack---so I would welcome pointers
> >    on how to improve on this.
>
> Someone needs to add a random device to OSKit (don't bother with gnumach <
> 2.0).
> This random device can then be polled by /dev/random.  Actually, someone
> should implemented libchannel, and then /dev/random can poll any character
> source
> (like a tcp port, whatever).  But the random kernel device is needed either
> way.
>
> This is not so hard.  And now that we talk about it, I remember that Derek
> Davies who already did some work on this sent me his patches for review a
> month ago, and I completely forgot about it until right now!  Sorry Derek!
> I will try to get a look at it soon.

Don't even bother with what I sent you before.  I've made a lot of
progress since then.  I've just about got the "bottom" interface done.
I've hooked up the linux block device (add_blkdev_randomness) and that
works well with the interface.  Right now, I'm in the middle of trying
to hook up the network device.  I'll send you another patch soon with
disk + net randomness.  After that I'll probably start working on the
"top" interfaces rather than, say, hooking up keyboard/mouse
randomness or some other bottom interface stuff.

Derek