Jeff Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In fact, I think I presented clearly that *I* thought that there might
> be value in eliminating sbin iff it could be shown that a very high
> percentage of the utilities were useful to a competent user.

I think that consistency with GNU/Linux systems is such an important
thing in general, that we should only do this if it would also be the
right thing with the Linux kernel.

(And note that the "eliminate /sbin" position and the "add /sbin to
every user's path" are very different positions.  I'm strongly against
the latter, but only mildly against the former.)

Thomas