I believe they are Madison 6mb. I know they are not mad9's. The zx6000 I
have is a rx2600 in the workstation plastic. If you pop the panels off and
remove the foot it is rack mountable. So your theory is absolutely correct.

 I also worked with someone back in the day on IRC and we determined that
the expansion cage in a rx2620 was cross compatible with the rx2600.